Eritrea, with its 1200 Km of shore line, is strategically located at the southern end of the Red Sea.
Massawa, the "Pearl of the Red Sea", and Assab are its main ports of regional and international significance. Its neighboring countries are Ethiopia, Sudan and Djibouti.
- Located at 15 37'N, 039o 29'E and 115 Km from the capital Asmara.
- Has six commercial berths, one cement jetty, one salt jetty and two oil terminals.
- Maximum allowable draft of 11.8 mtrs.
- Located at 13 01'N 042o 45'E, 1185 kms from the Eritrean capital, Asmara and 860 kms from the Ethiopian capital, Addis Abeba.
- Has seven commercial berths, one salt jetty and three oil terminals.
- Maximum allowable draft of 11.0 mtrs.